Home > Pictures > Places of Worship > Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
Click image to see full size version
Click to view full size image
16PE020_20
The coach window has the company - Venture Ltd. and also Thornycroft - Lightning - Six Cylinder and Demonstration Coach. The Basingstoke factory of Thornycroft produced the Lightning in 1927. It had a 70bhp side valve 6 cylinder engine, could do 50mph and seated 26 passengers. It was open-topped but there is a cover to be pulled over in the event of rain. The coach may have been named after Thorneycroft's HMS Lightning, the Royal Navy's first torpedo boat, which was built in Chiswick.

From Dulcie Roberts
2011_03_One_Woman_s_Story048.jpg UPL_16PE020_20.jpg UPL_16PE020_20~0.jpg 01_2HS010_0_1.jpg 01_2HS010_0_1_1.jpg