Home > Pictures > Growth of Overton > Growth 1 - Early Days to 1942
Click image to see full size version
Click to view full size image
1897 - A small Village
This map of Overton in 1897 was provided by Bob Reid. It shows, as in previous maps, that most of the houses in the village were in the High Street and Winchester Street, with a few others in Red Lion Lane, Bridge Street,Kingsclere Road and Station Road. Large areas all around the village which are built on or used by the community today were productive fields or allotments.
P_P_Polhampton_Bridge_c_19305E.jpg JS023wkd.jpg 2015_02Map1897w5E~0.jpg Battens_Ave_August_20065E.jpg Methodist_Chapel_05_06_06_054w.jpg