Home > Pictures > Growth of Overton > Growth 1 - Early Days to 1942
Click image to see full size version
Click to view full size image
1765 - Map of Overton Tenements
The map's orientation is east/west. High Street is named West Street, and Red Lion Lane is Sapley Lane. The river is misnamed River Anton.

The main areas of development were the same as in the 1897 map - see below. This shows that Overton had remained a small village. This basic development footprint is the same in the 1912 map which follows. This indicates a sustained period of development stability of nearly 700 years.

2015_03_Oton_devel_map002.jpg 1_-_05_1CR0015E.jpg 2015_02Map_1765001w.jpg 2014_01_R_J_Smith___Co_001w.jpg BFB_Overton_rail_station_c_19005E.jpg