Home > Pictures > Around Overton > Freefolk
Click image to see full size version
Click to view full size image
13_7FF003_05_04_1
This plaque above the white framed doorway in the middle of the cottages was possibly the Portal's family coat of arms when the cottages were built in 1939. The castle has two towers each with a Fleur-de-Lys - the same as on the plaque above the main gate to Portals mill at Laverstoke. The helmet is of a different style to the one at Laverstoke . But that one is the same as the one which was at Town Mill and is now in the garden behind St Mary's Hall. Contd...
UPL_13_7FF003_05_03.jpg UPL_13_7FF003_05_04.jpg UPL_13_7FF003_05_04_1.jpg UPL_13_7FF003_05_04_1~0.jpg UPL_13_7FF003_05_05.jpg