Home > Pictures > Overton Streets and Buildings > Bridge Street
Click image to see full size version
Click to view full size image
05_2BS001_2_2_0 - picture from Viv Brown
Girls Friendly Society group at Overton rectory. The GFS was established in 1875 to help the many working-class country girls who left home to take up urban employment and were cut off from friends and family. It thrived in 1880 to 1920 and still has 33 branches today. In the picture Beatrice Smith (married Wake) is standing behind the middle seated girl. On her left is Geraldine Richardson (nee Smith).
Flashettes.jpg 2011_05_Viv_Brown003w.jpg 2011_06_Viv_Brown_W.jpg 2009_02_snow_124v1R~0.jpg 2014_02_The_Manor_of_Overton002.jpg